Call for Papers
GPC 2017 is the next event in a series of highly successful events focusing on pervasive and environmentally sustainable computing. In the last years, the conference has been successfully held and organized all over the world: Taichung, Taiwan (2006), Paris, France (2007), Kunming, China (2008), Geneva, Switzerland (2009), Hualien, Taiwan (2010), Oulu, Finland (2011), Hong Kong (2012), Seoul, Korea (2013), Wuhan, China (2014), Plantation Island, Fiji (2015) and Xi’an, China (2016).
Proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag as part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) Series.
Topics of interest
GPC 2017 welcomes original and innovative paper submissions from the academia, industry and government, describing theoretical advances, system design, implementation and experimentation on the following topics, but not limited to:
- Energy-efficient computing, communication and virtualization architectures and protocols.
- Monitoring, sensing, control and management of energy-aware systems.
- Integration, scheduling and management of renewable energy sources.
- Cloud, cluster and grid computing.
- Mobile, peer-to-peer and pervasive computing.
- Service-oriented computing.
- Ubiquitous communications and networks.
- Social network and services.
- Sensor, ad hoc networks, mobile agents and networking.
- Multimedia communications, machine to machine communications.
- Instrumentation and measurement studies on energy-efficient ystems.
- Economy and business models in cloud computing and pervasive computing.
- Innovative technologies for robustness and reliability of energy-aware systems.
- Intrusion detection and smart defense system.
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) guarantee for customers in cloud computing.
- Incentives and innovative pricing for the management of cloud resources.
- Multi-core systems, parallel and distributed systems.
- Internet of things, and cyber physical systems.
- Trade-offs between performance, energy and other resources in cloud sites and pervasive computing.
- Energy-aware mobile cloud systems and large-scale applications.
- Semantic web, semantic grid, metadata and ontology related to pervasive and distributed computing.
- Programming models, tools and environments for distributed and pervasive computing.
- Modeling and control of variability in demand and supply of green energy sources.
- Data analytics for energy-efficient systems.
- Security and privacy in pervasive and cloud computing.
- Grid and pervasive applications, including e-Science and e-Business applications.
- Light weight cryptography
- Efficient cloud to client secure communication
- Efficient secure mobile apps
- Assistive Technologies